Ortofon Magnetic Cartridge with OM1S Spherical Diamond Stylus.
Part No. OM1S.
Can't find a suitable stylus? Why not replace the whole cartridge?
The OM 1S is a magnetic cartridge (MM) with a Spherical shaped stylus that provides balanced and distortion-free playback for general purpose applications.
If your tonearm has a standard headshell or a cartridge mount, then step up to optimal sound reproduction with OM’s. A glance at anyone of these cartridges will reveal Ortofon's answer to perfect tonearm matching. Ingeniously tucked into the top of the mounting bracket is a tiny, removable weight-plate.
If your tonearm is an standard tonearm, just leave the weight-plate.
If your tonearm is one of the low mass types, then simply remove the weight. The mass of your OM cartridge is now a mere 2.5g.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 4.5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 20 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 12 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-20,000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-22,000 Hz
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *) - 60 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Spherical
- Stylus tip radius - R 18 µm *) Typical value
- Tracking force range - 1.5-2.0 g (15-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.75 g (17.5 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance - 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 200-500 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Black
- Cartridge weight incl. extra weight - 5 g
- Cartridge weight excl. extra weight - 2.5 g
- Replacement stylus unit - Stylus 1S
We have been supplying appliance parts to the trade and retail for over 25 years. Buy with confidence.